Kyle Smith of the New York Post wrote, “When is America going to get serious about the problem of white kids getting suspended from school for nothing?” How Ahmed’s clock became a false, convenient tale of racism.
Security: After a Muslim teen was arrested for bringing what looked like a bomb to school, police were ripped for “overreacting.” Supporters insisted he “invented” a clock for a “project.” But his only invention was the story.
Turns out that 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed of Irving, Texas, never invented a clock, and had no reason to bring the suspicious-looking device to school. But everyone from Mark Zuckerberg to President Obama was fooled by what appears to have been a hoax designed to muster sympathy for Muslims accused of terrorism, while putting police on their heels and undermining the “see something, say something” directive for citizen vigilance. Here’s the real story:
- There was no “school project” or science assignment to justify Mohamed bringing the device to school.
- Just three weeks into his freshman year, Mohamed was no “science whiz well-known by high school teachers for tinkering.”
- The “clock” wasn’t made from scratch but just the guts of a mass-manufactured digital clock, complete with AC cord and 9-volt backup battery connection.
- With its exposed wires and lack of a face, the gutted clock looked like a bomb. It also sounded like a bomb: The alarm was set to go off during English class; the beeping startled the teacher who called police.
- When police questioned Mohamed, he wasn’t cooperative and was described as “disrespectful.”
- The police chief said the device was “intended to create a level of alarm; in other words, a hoax bomb.”
- Mohamed’s Sudanese father — a Muslim political activist involved in previous Muslim grievances — reportedly asked the cops to re-handcuff his son — so his daughter could take the photo that went viral.
- Mohamed tweeted: “Thank you fellow supporters. We can ban together to stop this racial inequality.”
- The family’s spokesperson is the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a terror-tied group that in 2006 sued US Airways for kicking several Muslim activists off a flight for behaving suspiciously and rattling passengers — a stunt that looks eerily similar.
National Review’s Charles Cooke pointed out on Twitter, the scary-looking tangle of wires “looks a lot more like a bomb than a pop tart looks like a gun.”
Josh Welch, a white Maryland kid with ADHD who was 7 years old when he was kicked out of school for chewing a Pop-Tart into the shape of a pistol and pretending to shoot other students with it, must be puzzled.
Where’s his White House invitation? Where’s his chance to start networking at Facebook? His parents were forced to hire a lawyer and spent a year and a half just trying to get the suspension erased from the kid’s record. They were repeatedly refused.
“I stand with Ahmed, too. But I also stand with Alex Stone,” noted Reason writer Robby Soave. Alex Stone, a 16-year-old white kid from Summerville, SC, wrote a short story in which he imagined using a gun to kill a dinosaur. For this, his locker was searched and he was arrested, handcuffed, charged with “disorderly conduct” and suspended from school for three days.
Obviously the White House and Mark Zuckerberg couldn’t be bothered to comment, but you’d think that, at the very least, Stephen King would have sent out a tweet expressing outrage that imagination was being punished.
Still, the Mohamed family is headed not only to the White House, but also the United Nations, where Ahmed will be held up as the poster boy of “Islamophobia.” A vacation in Saudi Arabia will follow after the family collects some $10,000 in crowdfunding.
Given Mohamed’s suspicious behavior and his father’s agenda, Obama’s expression of support is premature and inappropriate.
Had Ahmed’s sister, Eyman, been involved in the whole affair?
We know from a Daily Beast report that Ahmed’s sister, Eyman, was suspended in middle school due to “this girl saying [Eyman] she wanted to blow up the school.” She appears to still be fairly bitter about it, even all these years later, which is sort of understandable. She and Ahmed’s other sister created the @IStandWithAhmed Twitter account a couple of days after Ahmed was arrested.
But there is evidence Eyman has taken an even more proactive role in the whole affair. Mark Cuban claimed to have spoken with Ahmed on the phone and said his sister was “over his shoulder, you could hear, listening to the question, giving him the answer.” Ahmed is still a young man, but he is not a toddler, and is surely capable of answering questions. Why would Eyman feel it was necessary to instruct Ahmed on what to say? Has she played a larger role in this controversy then we’ve already seen?
“Diverse” means formerly White… –Bob Whitaker
Bob Whitaker: A true American who worked for the CIA under the Regan Administration.
Political Power for European Americans!
European people should organize and advance their own interests just like every other group. Join our fight for Heritage and Identity!
The American Freedom Party needs your help! Send $10, $20, $50, $100, or any contribution you can via PayPal “Send Money” to email@example.com or click here:
The American Freedom Party (AFP) supports the right to keep and bear arms. Emancipate yourself from the dinosaur Democrat and Republican parties. Join a National Party that puts America first, The American Freedom Party!
Support American Freedom Party growth and our heritage of Western civilization! The American Freedom Party is the only party that addresses issues concerning European-American communities and all Americans.
Nationalism! Not Globalism! — America First! Not America Last!
Freedom from Republicans. Freedom from Democrats. American Freedom Party! Political Power for European-Americans!
European-Americans should push back! European-Americans should abandon the Republicans and Democrats. Change your party allegiance to the American Freedom Party. A Nationalist party that shares the customs and heritage of the European American people. We need a Nationalist Party interested in defending our borders, preserving our language and promoting our culture. The American Freedom Party is not beholden to foreign governments, special interest groups, nor Wall Street. The American Freedom Party is for America First!